Yep, a girl! I know I shouldn't be surprised because there was a 50/50 chance of it, but it still definitely made it feel more real. I'm a mother of 3 now!
Anyway, now that we know the sex of the baby, we ( I -- let's face it, does J really care?) can narrow our focus for the nursery.
Here's my original post (it changed a bit as time and needs changed) showing BabyCakes' nursery 4 years ago: BabyCakes' Nursery
Love that chunkalicious cutie!
I don't have many plans for Baby Honey's (her nickname) nursery, but these are the things I do know:
- We have NOTHING for this room so we are starting from scratch
- The room won't be painted immediately. It will stay the same neutral that is the rest of the house.
- Her crib and other furniture will most likely be white
- I'd love coral, aqua, shades of green with lilac, or other happy colors involved (think my inspiration piece) Not all of those colors in a big way, but those are the colors jumping out at me right now.
This weekend our new neighborhood is having a community garage sale, and with it begins my search for essentials I wouldn't mind buying second-hand.
Among these are:
-High chair
-Vibrating bouncy seat (always a big hit with my kids)
-Pack & play to be used downstairs
-White crib
-White dresser or changing table
-Chair or glider
-Changing pad
-Crib sheets
-Clothes
I am going to picky with all of these items. They need to be in good used condition or better and up to modern safety standards.
We always buy new car seats for our babies and already did for Baby Honey.
I would share a photo of her room but it is night time and I'm not getting off the couch until it is time for bed (soon). Imagine a rectangle with a closet and one window. :) It's right next to our room and at the top of the stairs, so hopefully we will be able to hear her well no matter where we are in the house.
My sister (Aunt Sally) arrives tomorrow for an Easter visit so I won't be around for a while again, but I will definitely be back! Jon and I were infected with something that made us slaves to the bathroom (for various reasons-- it was NOT pretty and I may have even barfed in someone else's car) all day yesterday and we are still recovering today, but I look forward to a productive next week after a fun weekend with my sister.
Hope you have a happy and healthy Easter!
~Cayce

No comments:
Post a Comment